[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Dec 16 07:01:36 CET 2009

    Much of the so
    called climate change can be explained by natural phenomenon.

The natural phenomena continue as before; the change is in
human-caused emissions.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=seven-answers-to-climate-contrarian-nonsense

    It is
    also my belief that while we may be pumping lots of harmful chemical
    into the atmosphere these are usually centered in specific locations
    and overall have very little effect on the weather patterns of a wider
    area.

Some toxic pollutants remain in the local area, or are only
concentrated enough to have noticeable effects in the local area.
However, the effect of greenhouse gases is global.  The effects of
global warming are visible all over the world.

I just got this link.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/science/12/03/shishmaref.alaska.climate.change/index.htm

    What worries me most about the talks in copenhagen is the fact that
    instead of having monies collected through measures to be implemented
    in the treaty they are discussing will be managed by the world bank
    and IMF and not the UN.

I agree with you about that.  In addition, the basic idea of the treaty
is based on carbon allowance trading, which means instead of reducing
emissions it will probably just lead to fraud.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-leaders-of-the-rich-world-are-enacting-a-giant-fraud-1837963.html

If this is the best civilization can do, it is headed for a train-wreck.

    I find it very funny
    that they also have some reports from the UN and a British research
    group stating that the best way to combat climate change would be to
    lower the worlds population by 3-5 billion people. The group that made
    the reports are apparently a british government backed group known as
    the optimum population trust.

I think we should reduce the population by a few billion the painless
way, by having fewer babies.  But it looks like man-made environmental
disasters will reduce the population the painful way, through
premature deaths.