[pp.int.general] Copenhagen, our turn to dive into

Edison Carter the.real.edison.carter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 07:23:41 CET 2009

> I agree with you about that.  In addition, the basic idea of the treaty
> is based on carbon allowance trading, which means instead of reducing
> emissions it will probably just lead to fraud.
>

> http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/johann-hari-leaders-of-the-rich-world-are-enacting-a-giant-fraud-1837963.html

It might be better for the planet if carbon trading was simply outright
fraud (with no effort at all to actually fund anything). I recently watched
'The Carbon Connection' and it seems that massive eucalyptus monoculture
plantations are causing about as much environmental damage in developing
countries as the carbon emissions they're supposed to offset.