[pp.int.general] [NEWS] Payment pending; Canadian recording industry set for six billion penalties?

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 16 11:49:37 CET 2009

On Mon, 2009-12-07 at 20:49 +0000, Philip Hunt wrote:
> The music industry has been hit with $60 billion copyright
> infringement lawsuit. Apparaently they've been infringing musicians
> copyrights for decades:
>
> http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/blog/2009/dec/7/music-industry-faces-60-billion-copyright-infringe/
>
> May I suggest people republish this as widely as possible.

Well, I thought it better to delve into this somewhat:

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Payment_pending;_Canadian_recording_industry_set_for_six_billion_penalties%3F

You'll see how the CRIA appear to have kept the story out of anything
more mainstream than the Toronto Star; with a nasty little lobbyist who
hates Professor Geist. This gives details, extracts from legal
submissions to, backs up his story and shows the CRIA up for what they
are.

As this is CC-BY-2.5 feel free to paste the full text here; not everyone
wants to leave traces in Apache logs.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official position