[pp.int.general] Music industry hit with $60 billion copyright infringement lawsuit

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Dec 9 01:11:41 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 07:56 +1300, Edison Carter wrote:
> Interesting though; if they do get the full fine can the CRIA then
> claim that they "lost $6bn due to piracy" ?
>
> Well, technically it would be true...

And immensely amusing.

Here's one the Pirate Party might want to consider...

I'm interested in covering this for Wikinews, I am in Scotland, so I
can't get at the court papers. However, someone in law enforcement could
have them in seconds - and claim the localised public access as fair
reason for such.

Why not me?

I'd like to read the 'excuses' of the music industry. After all, they
need to talk to lawyers to tell me how much they've put aside to cover
these 300,000+ tracks they've used without trying to find the
'rightsholders'.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>|http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil
Content of this message in no way represents the opinions or official position