[pp.int.general] Mandatory Internet filtering becoming fullspread in Australia

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Dec 16 18:00:16 CET 2009

>> I can't access this in the UK. I get a very quick 404 response.
>
> I'm also in the UK, and I can access it. (My ISP is Demon, which AFAIK
> uses the IWF filer; they certainly did when IWF blocked Wikipedia).

In NL, I get a page with "Information in English This page is targeted to
Finnish people and is about filtering of child porn on the Internet, the
problems related to it and why web filters are ineffective.
2008-02-15: This site was recently censored by the Finnish police, so I've
written a description of the site and recent events in English." And a lot
of Finnish text.

reinier