[pp.int.general] software patents

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 10:42:48 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:

> Would another "manifesto" attempt be helpful? I don't think so. It makes
> things unduly complicated. Leave it to the academics to devise abstractions
> - a political party should be action-oriented.

 I'm okay with that, I do agree with you that Pirate Parties primary address
copyrights, privacy and patents, and in those fields pirates advocate a
liberal policy. But then someone starts talking about parties abusing of the
"pirate party" brand because he/his party may not agree with the specifics
on one of those subject with another pirate party...

So I'll be okay with no manifestos as long as people don't start accusing
each other of abusing the "Pirate Party" brand...: