[pp.int.general] software patents

Philip Hunt cabalamat at googlemail.com
Sun Dec 20 02:49:16 CET 2009

2009/12/18 Valentin Villenave <v.villenave at gmail.com>:

> The "reject *all* patents NOW immediately immediately or else it
> means you're not a responsible citizen/not a legit Pirate" approach,
> while ethically valid, might not be the most efficient one on a
> long-term perspective. Can we agree on that?

That's certainly my point of view. It's a lot easy to convince people
that there are flaws in the patent system that must be fixed, than to
convince them to abolish the whole thing in its entirely, which makes
us seem extreme to uninformed people.

--
Philip Hunt, <cabalamat at googlemail.com>
Campaigns Officer, Pirate Party UK