[pp.int.general] Significance of use of Free and proprietary software in a political context

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Tue Feb 3 14:17:49 CET 2009

Per von Zweigbergk wrote:
> True, but I happen not to believe that proprietary software equals
> subjugation, and it is not the policy as far as I'm aware of any
> pirate party. It is as far as I'm aware definitely *not* the position
> of the Swedish Pirate Party.
Just to clarify: while indeed it's not a joint stance for all pirate
parties, and that was the reason for the appeal to the usage of free
software to be removed from Pirate Manifesto drafts

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_parties_at_a_glance#Information_Society_3

it still is the policy of Partido Pirata (for the public scope; for the
private scope, each private entity and each individual is free to decide
which kind of software wants to use) to aim to make public offices use
free software, because of interoperability, privacy & other reasons

http://int.piratenpartei.de/Pirate_Manifesto_parties_at_a_glance#Information_Society_2

As you said "/as far as I'm aware of/", I thought you might find useful
to know that about PIRATA stances; furthermore, I think nobody needs to
guess each party's stances, but just to check that wiki page -and in
case of doubt, asking that party's representative-. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman