[pp.int.general] [Cafe] Joe Biden is an enemy

Jan Husar jan.husar at skosi.org
Mon Feb 9 04:57:27 CET 2009

Richard please,

I bet that many people here does know the difference between the
kernel and the system,
but the point here is not to flame war about non sense.
The point here is that we are losing a war, and if it's open source or
free software,
we are getting wasted of governments.

I understand your believes and your old school point of view, but what you are
preaching is just not enough and it's making waste of energy and resources
on things that doesn't really matter in the end people are forced
to use propietary and mostly Microsoft technology because of internet
infrastracutre runned by government
on dot net, governments issuing communication and documents on closed standards
promoting corporate selling.

This is just not enough, and you as the first revolutionary should know this.
That we are slowly loosing. And yes, there are some battles won, there is Linux
being more popular at certain point. But look at the big picture. We don't
even have 10% of the market share and this is what matters the most.
I'm not capitalist, but this is how it is.

this is how it is.

you should think about it.
and you should think also about your own initiative, where for example
FSFE, where are they fighting about software patens in Europe?
isn't that fight essential?
where are they fighting document standards? You guys had
DOcument Freedom day last year, where it's gone?
this is the stuff you should be doing, not flame wars about
who have better cupcaks from sand, because in the end
it's almost the same sand, but have different colours.

keep up the good work!

Jan

--

|  Jan Husar
|
| doing what matters

Open Source mission to save Galapagos Islands
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=43708354604