[pp.int.general] copyright vs. "droit dáuteur"

Per von Zweigbergk per.von.zweigbergk at piratpartiet.se
Tue Jan 6 15:53:49 CET 2009

6 jan 2009 kl. 09.32 skrev Reinier Bakels:

> Not everybody should be allowed to alter a carefully crafted piece
> of art.

I assume we're talking about copies here and not originals. And in
that case, why not?

Modification of existing art is a central piece of much contemporary
culture. I'm not a historian, but I assume that some kind of "remix
culture" must have existed in the past. If nothing else in the domain
of parody.

Why should one author be permitted to regulate another author's
artistic output?
--
Per von Zweigbergk

VARNING: E-post till och från Sverige, eller som passerar servrar i
Sverige, avlyssnas av Försvarets Radioanstalt, FRA.
WARNING: E-mail to and from Sweden, or via servers in Sweden, is
intercepted by the Swedish National Defense Radio Establishment.