[pp.int.general] "Natural" law

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 8 14:50:43 CET 2009

Richard M Stallman wrote:
>     I may recall that many politicians support the idea of tough copyright
>     enforcement in order to learn youngsters again to respect property. "Today
>     they steal a MP3, tomorrow a bycycle". Property needs to be respected. A
>     basic human right.
>
> Yes, some politicians say this.  And they will continue to repeat such things until enough people reject the idea.
>
> Those who support sharing must refute their views of "human rights", not duck the issue.
I agree with that due to the same reasons for agreeing with Per's former
mail stating a simmilar thing. Also agree with this other mail from Per:

Per von Zweigbergk wrote:
> 8 jan 2009 kl. 12.17 skrev Reinier Bakels:
>> So you are not afraid that human rights considerations will be used
>> *against* PP objectives? I am. Frankly, it not entirely nonsensical
>> to advocate mass-surveilance to protect the safety of people against
>> terrorist and other threats. The unpleasant feeling of being watched
>> constantly (the privacy argument) competes with the pleasant feeling
>> of increased "public safety". Ask older people, and women how they
>> feel on the street, especially at night!
>>
>> Well, I have been told that the guard who watch the camera images on
>> TV screens typically are males who zoom in to attractive girls ...
>> else it is not a pleasure to watch screens all night ...
> Do you think that suddenly politicians will suddenly stop using the
> "public safety" argument just because we don't bring up the subject of
> human rights?
>
> We're in this fight against mislead legislators who talk about "public
> safety", whether we want to be or not. We can't avoid it by not
> discussing human rights. To avoid that argument is just to remove one
> weapon in our arsenal for no advantage at all.
Again agree with Per: traditional politicians will continue their lies,
no matter whether we counter and deny those lies or not; even, if we
don't counter and deny them, they will feel more comfortable -too much-
lying and distorting facts. Thus, I agree on avoiding the /language
arena/ and/or the /ideological arena/ is not advisable. Regards,

                        Carlos Ayala

                        ( Aiarakoa )

   Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman