[pp.int.general] "Natural" law

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Jan 8 20:47:57 CET 2009

> While I'm keen to follow Jorge, David, Andy and others' advice and
> continue this in PPI forum, if Reinier rejects this too and continues the
> debate here in the PPI list, it would make no sense to reply him there;
> thus, until Reinier accepts to move this debate to the PPI forum, I'll
> have to continue replying him here.

Where is the PPI forum?

Anyway, I guess the topics we discuss here are pretty essential. I am trying
to be more concise - you too?

Anyway, if you believe that politicians and others who do not interpret
human rights in the way you believe is correct are *liers* then we better
end our discussion. I suggest you join an action group. The actvist paradigm
is different. If you have the ambition to be a politician, you should be
prepared to take responsibility for policy, in a coalition, without a
majority, and still trying to influence politics in youy direction. The
"catalytic" approach, as I called it: trying to get more influence than
justified by the number os seats, because you are really convincing.

An frankly, that would not be very difficult in this field. All fields of
intellectual property law have consistently been neglected by politics over
many decades. Improvement is easy, unless you spoil it by becoming
fundamentalist. And now I use this word on purpose.

reinier