[pp.int.general] freedom of speech

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Sat Jan 10 05:25:30 CET 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
> I referred to Ayaan Hirsi Ali, a former Somali refugee, who became a
> Dutch parliament member and now lives in the US. After she quit Islam,
> and pubklished a lot about that, she became under threat. In our
> country, as a MEP she was protected by bodyguards, payd by the government
Ali lost her seat in Dutch Parliament after resigning, because a "/media
speculation arose that she could lose her Dutch citizenship because of
this "identity fraud", rendering her ineligible for parliament. At
first, Minister Rita Verdonk^
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali#cite_note-38> said she
would not look into the matter, but after Member of Parliament Hilbrand
Nawijn officially asked her for her position, she declared that she
would investigate Hirsi Ali's naturalization process. This investigation
took three days. The findings were that *Hirsi Ali had not legitimately
received Dutch citizenship, because she had lied about her name and date
of birth. Rita Verdonk moved to outlaw Hirsi Ali* by annulling her
citizenship, a move that was later overridden on the urging of Parliament/"

"/Hirsi Ali admitted that she had lied about her full name, her date of
birth and the manner in which she had come to the Netherlands. However,
several sources, including her first book The Son Factory, which had
been published in 2002, stated her real name and date of birth, and she
had also publicly stated these in a September 2002 interview published
in the political magazine HP/De Tijd and in an interview in the //VARA
gids (2002).^
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayaan_Hirsi_Ali#cite_note-36> Accordingly,
these details were considered by many to be public knowledge.
Furthermore, Hirsi Ali has asserted that she made full disclosure of the
matter to VVD officials when she was invited to run for parliament in 2002/"

Ali gave a press conference and "/restated that she had spoken the truth
about the reason for seeking asylum, which had been the threat of a
forced marriage, despite a claim to the contrary on the Zembla program
by some of her relatives. *Her stated reason for resigning immediately
was *not the continuous threats, making her job as a parliamentarian
"difficult" but "not impossible", but *the news that the Minister would
strip her of her Dutch citizenship*/"

Now let's gonna dedicate a huge /'applause/' to Rita Verdonk, Hilbrand
Nawijn & Co ... what a bunch of '/heroes/'.

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman