[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: status of internal ballots

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl
Thu Jan 15 00:22:38 CET 2009

I will write a different "Manifesto" which will be ready in due time before
the Helsinki meeting (I am now in the US so I don't have much time to work
on it). All three present Manifesto versions start with an elaborate expose
about human rights and democracy. I don't think that is useful. Firstly, for
communication reasons the Manifesto imnsho must be structured in the
"inverted pyramid" format typical for journalism and advertising. Secondly,
the human rights argument is not the strongest political argument we have
for PP objectives, and may even be construed adversely. For
advertising/communication reasons, we must refrain from arguments that are
not 100% solid. Thirdly, I want to avoid the impression that PP is another
state reform party (which has a very different connotation in different
member states).
If you want to keep NL on board of the PP movement, please consider my
forthcoming proposal - at least.
Finally, this is not an attempt to start another flame war!

Groeten, Grüße, Regards, Cordialement, Hälsningar, Ciao, Saygilar,
Üdvözlettel, Pozdrowienia, Kumusta, Adios, Oan't sjen, Ave, Doei, Yassou,
Yoroshiku, Slán, Vinarliga, Kær Kvedja
>>> REINIER B. BAKELS PhD LL.M. MSc
private: Johan Willem Frisostraat 149, 2713 CC Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
telephone: +31 79 316 3126, GSM ("Handy") +31 6 4988 6490,  fax +31 79 316
7221