[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: status of internal ballots

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 15 17:24:35 CET 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
> Fourth, should law play a role for a law maker? It my sounds
> contradictory, but - to make a long story short - yes, in order to
> *prevent statements that will disqualify the PP *immediately* as
> unrealistic*. Imho the challenge is rather to make very nasty
> proposals that still fit into any conceivable framework.
 From Piratpartiet web site:

"/The Pirate Party wants to fundamentally reform copyright law, get rid
of the patent system, *and ensure that citizens' rights to privacy are
respected*. With this agenda, and only this, we are making a bid for
representation in the European and Swedish parliaments.

Not only do we think these are worthwhile goals. *We also believe they
are realistically achievable on a European basis*./"

http://www.piratpartiet.se/international/english

You enjoy often using Piratpartiet as an example; however, when you
state that privacy is not a PPI core issue, and that certain statements
would supposedly be unrealistic ... who are you talking on behalf to?
Not on behalf of Piratpartiet, not on behalf of PIRATA, probably not on
behalf of any single pirate party, so ... on behalf of who? I don't what
Swedish folks think about you considering some of their goals as
/unrealistic/; from their web site, I guess they'll disagree.

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman