[pp.int.general] Reinier & PPNL

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Thu Jan 15 17:52:06 CET 2009

Core TX wrote:
> When it comes to Reinier his statement,
> I stand by his side. I see verry little added value in the new
> "manifest" when compared to the original swedish "declaration of
> principles' that i use as a main guideline.
I think there are obvious differences -differences that don't prevent
Piratpartiet to sign any of those drafts- between Swedish principles and
Pirate Manifesto Final Drafts, and those difference can be united in
only one pointed by Andrew Norton: while Swedish declaration of
principles talks about what Piratpartiet wants for the Swedish scope
-and even also for the EU scope-, *Pirate Manifesto talks about what we
all, the pirate parties, want as a joint movement*.

In that sense, and while PIRATA has problems with Draft B -because of
the exclusion of the "/or other social or personal circumstances/"
(change made by a Jens who himself was aware of the risks of removing
it) and because of the author's rights controversy (already largely
discussed in this mailing list)-, Andrew defined perfectly Pirate
Manifesto as a /Venn diagram/ -i.e., not as what contains all what we
want as national parties, but as what contains everything that we all
agree on-. It was conceived last year in Berlin as a way to allow us to
work in the international scope as an united movement -in UN, in EU, and
in the rest of international forums- being aware of what we jointly
want, and helping to use it in our advantage when making joint claims,
giving us maximum strength.

Isn't it enough added value? I think it is. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman