[pp.int.general] Pirate Manifesto: status of internal ballots

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl
Fri Jan 16 02:40:24 CET 2009

Calm down! Neither you nor the people who met each other in Berlin and
Uppsala are in a position to set formal requirements for each other (nor
reversely, of course!) The end goal is a political movement against threats
to information freedom (etc.), and to cooperate as much as possible, but not
beyond. Ok, you force me to be explicit. The three manifesto drafts were
written just by some of us, because the cooperation was less than pleasant -
flame wars - what a coincidence. The end result is just not good enough to
win the "war". Now don't blame me for late comments.I  am prepared to help.
If the result (yet to be drafted) is not OK, we have schisma in the PP
movement. Congratulations! But I understand why you are urging me to have my
draft early: you want to be prepared to block it in Helsinki.

Reinier