[pp.int.general] Elections in hessian

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 20 17:04:14 CET 2009

Thorsten Wirth wrote:
> what is this PIRATA's PR group, what are they doing and were and maybe ... who is it? *g*

PRs stands for Public Relations (/Relaciones Públicas/, or RRPP, in
Spanish). It's main officer is Ignacio Blanco, and his equivalent
officer within PPI would be Andrew Norton.
> Can you give me a bit more information about these group. I'am new on the international list and know nothing about what happen in our international community.

Being limited in our PRs efforts due to our limited amount of members
-compared with other pirate parties-, PRs duties are:

- to spread PIRATA news -through the streets, via Internet (blogs,
youTube, digg-like sites, etc), to mass media (with almost no success
up-to-date), etc-; it's like a press proxy
- to receive information and requests from civic group and citizens
- to work on gaining more members, i.e., more human resources to be able
to gain /muscle/ which allows us to have more operativeness; there is a
sort of virtuous/vicious circle, "/the more members you have, the more
easiness you have to gain more members/" / "/the less members you have,
the less easiness you have to gain more members/" ... using a common
figure of speech, the frontier between those two scenarios is defined by
the /critic mass/
- to launch merchandising and other money-collection efforts -we haven't
been able yet to do it because of people in PIRATA being scared with
Spanish bureaucracy-
> thx for your fast reaction
It's due to me appreciating your proposal, not just because of being
good, but simply because of being a proposal. I agree on the fact that
we all, the pirate parties, should give more importance to PPI by
activating it, as if we achieve to make this work, it will highly
influence in a positive manner our home chances to get seats. We should
make manpower from our national parties available to Andrew Norton, to
be able to quickly launch joint PPI press releases and other joint
efforts which would make us gain a decisive media focus. Regards,

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman