[pp.int.general] From 50 to 95 years, next tuesday: how are WE going to react to extension of commercial rights?

Andrew Norton andrew.norton at pirate-party.us
Wed Jan 21 14:51:12 CET 2009

On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Reinier Bakels <r.bakels at planet.nl> wrote:

>> BTW, if you don't produce your alternate manifesto in the next day or two,
>> it'll be too late for anyone to evaluate before helsinki, so, close the
>> email client, and fire up the word processor.
>
> I am working on it, I will present it in Helsinki, and it will contain no
> surprises. Let me be clear, I don't care about "winning" from the existing
> manifesto proposals. They are not binding anyway. And in my perception, they
> suffer from major shortcomings, for the reason that they start from a legal
> perspective, human rights! Didn't you say that politics are emotion?

That will be too late. Hard for members to discuss and vote on it, in
time FOR Helsinki, if you're going to wait until then, especially as
not every party will be there; no US, no Australia, who knows who else
won't be there. Best not bother then. Yet again, all talk, and no
show.

If you put half as much effort into doing stuff, as you did in writing
your emails, Reinier, the Dutch party would probably be ready to seat
their first candidate next election.

Andrew
PPI