[pp.int.general] Joe Biden is an enemy

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Wed Jan 21 14:56:24 CET 2009

> It's not exactly news, nor is that 2 weeks ago, omaba nominated two

Well, for me it was news, but for insiders like yourself it obviously isn't.
Could you - as an insider - tell me whether there are any (powerfull?)
PP-friendly politicians in the US? If the democrats are so
Hollywood-friendly, perhaps the republicans?

I am only familiar with (part of) the academic scene in the US, e.g. the
Center for thev Study of the Public Domain headed by prof. Boyle at Duke
University. Re software patents, EFF's Eddan Katz told me that that fight is
over in the US. But business methods are still controversial, and it remains
to be seen whether thwe Bilski decision is the final word. For instance
financial patents by some people are condered just "logical" because of the
enormous investments banks alledgedly make in (information) technology. On
the other hand, the financial industry appears to be a paradise for trolls,
who often extort banks for hundreds of million dollars. And some argue that
stimulation for "innovative" financial constructions really is the last
thing the financial industry needs, in view of the present crisis and its
causes!

reinier