[pp.int.general] Action Day

Thorsten Wirth t.wirth at piratenpartei-hessen.de
Thu Jan 22 13:38:04 CET 2009

Hi Reinier,

you need a keyword, a master theme? No problem:
"pirates" (*what is it)

When we came together and we postulate these day for our themes and make
different actions ... the freedom for each pirate to rise his own
important theme ... then will these action day coloured and different,
like we are.

A concerted *publication* campaign was necessary to rise it up and we
have to motivation our members to create these actions all over europe.
But when we get them enough space to make there own things ... it will
be going right.

How will we ever know if we never try.

Thorsten

Reinier Bakels schrieb:
>> cautiously question: is there any interest in an european action day?
>
> What would be the theme of the action day?
>
> I would be in favour of a concerted *publication* campaign. But I am not
> sure whether an action in the sense of a demo is a good idea.
>
> As you may know, last year (11/10) there was the "Freedom Not Fear"
> action day for privacy (and against mass surveillance), simultaneously
> in many countries. Apparently it was a big success in Germany. But in
> The Netherlands it hardly got any media attention at all. It is simply
> not a political theme in The Netherlands. Unlike Germany, we do not have
> the "benefit" of a Nazi and Stasi past! (Well, the state-of-the art
> population administration in The Netherlands in the 1930s (registering
> also religion) was very helpful for the German occupants a few years
> later to select the jews for deportation ... but that is too long ago to
> be an effective political agument)
>
> If you do't appeal to a large constituency, a demonstration may be
> counter-productive: it gives opposing politicians the argument that the
> population at large is not really concerned. I don't know about oter
> countries, but nowadays the Dutch are somehow demonstration-tired.
>
> reinier

Mein PGP-Schlüssel/my PGP key:
http://www.piratenpartei-hessen.de/pgp/t.wirth(0xE6250AEF)pub.asc
Nicht rückverfolgbar antworten/untraceable reply:
https://privacybox.de/insidex.msg

Bitte beachten Sie, dass dem Gesetz zur Vorratsdatenspeicherung zufolge
jeder elektronische Kontakt mit mir sechs Monate lang gespeichert wird.

WEB: http://www.piratenpartei-hessen.de
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/insideX
JABBER: zack at jabber.piratenpartei.de

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...