[pp.int.general] Action Day

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Jan 22 16:31:58 CET 2009

In Germany the PP is already known. In NL it is not. I guess an excellent
(though a little labour-intensive) way to make yourself known is to comment
on events in the "PP" field; there are many. On a webiste, and by press
statements. Like the Swedes: establish a reputation as people with an
interesting, though perhaps unusual opinion. Be "salonfähig", that is what
the Swedes did as well, they told me (us).
Very rewarding but also very labour-intensive is getting involved hands-on
in the legislative process, either nationally and/or in Bxl/Strasbourg. I
noticed that EP members are suprisingly open. If only because the have only
few staff, and the EP process is very laborious, with lots and lots of
amendments, and no (oral) debate at all.
At thgis point in time, I guess that any kind of demo onl;y will raise
questions like: "who the hell are they"? And we may be compared with the
pedo-party (yes, your guess is right) who tried to get into the parliament
at the last elections. Well, they managed at least to be invited at a major
Dutch TV talkshow.

reinier