[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Sun Jan 25 21:24:24 CET 2009

> Maybe we can use "IP" to confuse people talking about Imaginary
>  Property -- it could stand for International Pirates. ;-) But then we
> also confuse people talking about IP addresses...

My PhD supervisor is a professor in "international intellectualproperty
law", and he is in the department of private law (private ="pr" in the  mail
address r.bakels at pr.unimaas.nl I use when abroad), and my boss the chairman
of the private law department is an expert in international private law -
another IPR. "International Private Law" is a kind of "meta-law" that
decides what law, court and execution powers apply in case of intrernational
conflicts between citizens. Typical quetsions are: is an islamic divorce
("verstoting"in Dutch) recognised in The Netherlands? The intuitive answer
is: of course not! But then one may coinsider couples still married that
factually are divorced already ... and similar complications. Anyway, 40
matches on http://www.acronymfinder.com/IPR.html

reinier