[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Richard M Stallman rms at gnu.org
Tue Jan 27 07:10:13 CET 2009

    * I recall a lecture by Canadian visiting processor Rosemary Coombe, a
    well-know critic - and I complained about using the term "IP". She admitted
    that it is the wrong designation, but at the same time she conceded that "we
    have probably lost that fight". Some people give up, others don't.

My response to her would be, "To personally reject this term is so
easy that there is no need to raise the question of whether others
will join you in doing so.  Each time you avoid using the term, you
avoid doing harm, and that's reason enough to avod it.  Just do it!"