[pp.int.general] purpose of manifesto

Carlos Ayala Vargas aiarakoa at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 28 11:54:12 CET 2009

Reinier Bakels wrote:
>> Though I think you already asked this question, just to clarify your
>> point: are you comparing cultural works with material properties?
>> Also, if we achieve to change the commercial rights term & scope,
>> would you consider those rights -when applied to WORKS CREATED AFTER
>> SUCH LEGAL CHANGE (very important: I'm not talking about current
>> works, Reinier, but future, post-change works)- as /property/ rights?
> property rights are "set in stone" once granted
> a government must be reliable. If and when it grants rights (or
> "recognises natural rights", for those who like that concept - not
> you, I gather), the rights owners must be able to depend on it
You may choose whether to answer me or not, however it's weird to obtain
the answer for question B when I make question A -it's like if I were
asking "/what time is it?/" and you were answering "/today's Spanish Cup
fixtures are Betis-Mallorca & Sporting-Athletic/"-. I don't understand
why are you talking about preserving granted rights and all that stuff:
I'm not talking about currently existing -specifically, recent- cultural
works. If I'm asking you about works created after the law is changed,
then no matter which was the old law, as rights regarding NEW works are
granted according to the NEW law -and that's one of the things that
pirate parties aim to, to change the current legal framework on author's
rights-.

After having explained this -though I thought (I think) it was clear
from my question-, I'm going to try again, now with CAPITAL letters
instead of using *bold* font-style, to see if you finally understand the
question:

<<<Are you comparing cultural works with material properties? even if we
achieve to change the commercial rights term & scope, would you consider
those rights -when applied to WORKS CREATED AFTER SUCH LEGAL CHANGE as
/property/ rights?>>>

And if it's still not clear to you, the same question in other words:

<<<I want to know whether you, Reinier Bakels, consider that commercial
rights of works created after changing the legal framework -by
shortening the commercial rights term & scope- should be considered as
property rights.>>>

Hope this time you finally can be able to say:

- "/I'm not going to answer you/", or
- "/I'm going to answer you and my answer is yes/no because/ [...]"

Please don't come back with retroactivity stuff, as I'm not asking you
about retroactivity.

Carlos Ayala

( Aiarakoa )

Partido Pirata National Board's Chairman