[pp.int.general] Clarifying the status of PIRATA (Spanish pirate party).

Matias Pajulahti matias.pajulahti at iki.fi
Thu Jul 16 18:10:08 CEST 2009

Hiya,

Here's my input to help you out. I'm only correcting the English. I
know nothing about the original version nor Spanish. There might be
more corrections needed than what I've noticed or been able to handle.
Someone else should check also. :)

2009/7/16 loikva <enrique at errea.es>:

>   Hi:
>
>            We, the spanish pirate party, would like to know if the content
> of the two next paragrahps, extracted and translated, from an interview made
> to Amelia Andersdotter during his recent staying in Barcelona and published
> by a spanish paper , is correct:
>

> ##############beggining of the extract###############################
>
> 1) Do you think that the spanish pirate party could reach so much votes as
> the swedish pirate party?

"Do you think that the Spanish Pirate Party could reach as much votes
as the Swedish Pirate Party?" [ + or more :) ]

> It is difficult. In Spain there are two main politic parties over the rest
> of them.

"political parties"

> Besides, the spanish pirates tend to  work more through
> associations than political organizations.

"Spanish", not spanish.

> 2) Apart the swedish, more pirate parties has been created  in some other
> countries .

"Apart the Swedish [Pirate] party, " / "Apart the Swedish one, "

", more pirate parties have been created [ / started ] in some other countries."

> Does it exist any sort of agreements or common issues between
> all of them?

"Are there any sort of agreements or common issues between all of them?"

> No. Many of them are still growing and there is still a lack of internal
> organization. Also we have found with common cultural barriers in some of
> them.

"Also we have found common cultural barriers in some of them" ?? or
"Also we have found it common that there are some cultural barriers in
some of them."

I think the last version is what was meant? Those two I made both mean
totally different things from each other.

> If it is correct, we would like to remark that the Spanish pirate party
> (PIRATA) was created as a regular and official  political party,
> corresponding the the laws of the Government of Spain, in 2006.

"to the laws of the" etc