[pp.int.general] [Fwd: open the internet process!!]

"Robbie E. C. A. Hontelé" Robbie.e.c.a.hontele at piratenpartij.nl
Thu Jul 23 21:00:36 CEST 2009

Dear Felipe,

Viviane
Reding(http://ec.europa.eu/commission_barroso/reding/index_en.htm) is
trying to put pressure on the ICANN as the representative of Europea(See
http://europa.eu/rapid/pressReleasesAction.do?reference=IP/09/951&format=HTML&aged=0&language=EN&guiLanguage=en
and her report:
http://ec.europa.eu/information_society/policy/internet_gov/docs/communication/comm2009_277_fin_en.pdf
)
Her motivation: /"The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and
Numbers is approaching a historic point in its development. Will it
become a fully independent organisation, accountable to the global
internet community? Europeans would expect so, and this is what we will
push for. I call on the United States to work together with the European
Union to achieve this."
/
I think that all European pirates should therefore support Mrs Redink.
She needs more weight to be able to form a European block. Simply
sending a statement to the ICANN as a European pirate should have a far
less impact than cooperating with Mrs Redink. Maybe non-european pirates
can use the report Mrs Redink and her colleagues wrote to support their
statement, and to help each other out.

I hope you find this information usefull. Would it be usefull to send
this data to "DeeDee"?

Kind regards,

Robbie Hontelé