[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position? thanks!

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Tue Jun 2 08:37:58 CEST 2009

I really appreciate all the very helpful comments I got from you (and you all typed them in the middle of the night!).
I heard Volker Grassmuck advocate the flatrate concept at the recent SIGINT09 conference organised by the Chaos Computer Club in Colone, which is obviously not the setting to advocate pro-copyright positions, and VOlker is known to by critical, so I was really confused. I strongly opposed the idea in the discussion, but I felt somehow guilty for rejecting a "reasonable" solution for "the filesharing problem".
Now I believe that Volker is crazy rather than myself (you made my day!). I consider writing a paper explaining why the flatrate is such a bad idea.
reinier