[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 14:52:23 CEST 2009

> the only thing i intended to say is that the "zero marginal cost" argument
> does not fly. perhaps it may impress fellow pirates, but as a lawyer i
> learned to look for defendable arguments.

I don't have much time to extend my opinion right now (because I'm headed to
an exam), but what I meant is that the"zero marginal cost" of a copy is not
an argument, it's simply a technological fact to take into account.

You can try to chase "pirates" and you can try to make it more difficult to
get free copies of copyrighted material, but there always will be people
with the technological knowledge to share those copies for free.

And I'll always be one of those.