[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Christian pp at christian-hufgard.de
Wed Jun 10 06:56:23 CEST 2009

Richard Stallman wrote:
> Some kinds of wishes are not entitled to respect.  For instance, if
> someone says he wishes that we not share copies of a published work,
> the proper response is "Sharing is good.  The favor of refusing to share
> with others is one we will not do for you."

And someone else might say the wish to forbid the usage of free code in
unfree code is not entitled to respect. (I know, writing this in a reply
to you is nearly blasphemy... :)

I grant my respect for not freeing a work only for a very limited amount
of time. My idea would be, to enhance this time, the "freer" the work
would be spoken in terms of cc:
cc-by-nd-nc would be one year of copyright.
cc-by would be six years of copyright.

After six years even closed source would be free.

This would be a balance of the creators wish and the socities wishes.

Christian