[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Wed Jun 10 23:02:18 CEST 2009

    I grant my respect for not freeing a work only for a very limited amount
    of time. My idea would be, to enhance this time, the "freer" the work
    would be spoken in terms of cc:
    cc-by-nd-nc would be one year of copyright.
    cc-by would be six years of copyright.

I think 6 years is not long enough for the case of free copylefted
free works.  Ten years is long enough, at least for software.

    After six years even closed source would be free.

If you mean proprietary programs whose source is secret, how would
you achieve that?  The only way to make them free is to get the source
code published.

The fact that they never become free
is the cause of this problem.