[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

pietro pietro at riseup.net
Wed Jun 10 10:36:17 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 09:47:45AM +0200, pp at christian-hufgard.de wrote:

> Did you do so? I cannot read this anywhere. From my point of you, you freed
> your words by not adding an explicit restriction.

Unfortunately copyright conventions and their incarnations as local laws
disagree with you. What I stated earlier is *not* my opinion, but an
unfortunate fact. If I didn't let you reproduce my words you can't do so.

> 50% of the money will be given to the GEMA, since it represents commercial
> right holders, 50% has to be invested by the government to another
> institution that has to spent if for the creation of free content.

Let's say I release a record in Germany, how to determine how much I should get
from GEMA? And what about blog posts, pictures, and dare I say, tweets?

> > 2) I don't access non freely licensed works. Should I pay the tax?
>
> Yes - due to practical reasons. The alternative would be to monitor all
> internet traffic, a nightmare for any pirate. That everybody has to pay this
> tax shall also show the social component and the fact that we all get
> something back - free or non free content.

I decided to not subsidize the creation of non-free works. Your proposal forces
me to pay for non-free for things that I don't want.

pietro

--
the streets are the people's root shell