[pp.int.general] MAFIAA wants to close down DreamHack...

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 18:38:17 CEST 2009

The MAFIAA scare tactic never seem to amaze me, but even the idea of
shutting down the biggest computer in the world (+12k people, official
world record, see www.dreamhack.se), check out (in Swedish):

http://www.svd.se

Google Translated:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev=hp&hl=en&js=n&u=www.svd.se%0D%0A&sl=sv&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

The idea of shutting it down due to file sharing is mind bobbling for
me considering I grown up in a world of going to computer events
(computer parties, demo parties, lan party, gamers party etc.). The
building place of computer generated culture, the idea is just insane
to my mind!

I guess they will not try to shut it down, since it would be insane at
best and I fail to see the legal grounds for taking it to court
against the guys that arranges it would be yet another failing TPB
look alike case, they seem to chase us for our life style..? It is
getting clearer for every minute now..

Please come with opinions about this new MAFIAA approach..

- Nicolas