[pp.int.general] cultural flatrate: PP position?

Reinier Bakels r.bakels at planet.nl
Thu Jun 11 11:46:08 CEST 2009

> Can you please point me to the license I granted you? I agree with you,
> but the
> crazy copyright laws don't. That's why we fight them.
Standard contract law allows "implied" licences. E.g. if I offer you a cup
of tea (at home), you can safely assume that it is free, even if that is not
explicitly agreed.
The existence of implied licences is a major reason to reject enforcement
schemes that currently are considered, e.g. by customs authorities. Customs
authorities need delailed knowledge about both the law (copyright
exceptions) and the fact (licence status). Actually, the are even unable to
be aware of *explicit* licences, because they are not registerd by
authorities (one real estate contracts are registered).
reinier