[pp.int.general] RiP: A Remix Manifesto

Glenn Kerbein glenn.kerbein at pirate-party.us
Tue May 19 17:57:18 CEST 2009

	I still feel that Doctorow still has the same ideology as a majority of
us do. The PPUS does not believe in complete copyright abolition, and
I've spoken with people on both sides of the spectrum. Usually, when
someone says "pirate party," the listener(s) assume that the speaker is
talking about the Swedish party (extremist abolitionists [No offense,
Rick]); so I don't blame them entirely. It is a shame that Doctorow was
so intent on outright ignoring you though. He spoke in great lengths as
to why he was apart of the "copyfight" on Locus Mag:
http://www.locusmag.com/Features/2008/11/cory-doctorow-why-i-copyfight.html
	I've been in contact with extremists who want perpetual copyright, and
have heard them speak on public radio (NPR). (See this Lessig post:
http://www.lessig.org/blog/2009/04/fiction_as_policy_in_the_new_y.html
). As well as intellectuals whom advocate and write about complete
abolition: http://pirate-party.us/node/46 .

Glenn "Channel6" Kerbein
Pirate Party of the United States
"Burn, Hollywood, Burn"