[pp.int.general] Q6/17

coretx at piratenpartij.nl coretx at piratenpartij.nl
Sun May 24 19:10:34 CEST 2009

I understand why you are asking this.

Take a look at these links:

http://www.itu.int/osg/csd/cybersecurity/WSIS/3rd_meeting_docs/Rutkowski_IPtraceback_callerID_rev0.pdf
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb/blog/2008-09/2008-09-04.html
http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2008/09/the_nsa_teams_u.html
http://politechbot.com/docs/itu.traceback.use.cases.requirements.091108.txt
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_traceback
http://www.politechbot.com/docs/itu.china.internet.traceback.proposal.091108.doc
http://www.itu.int/md/T05-SG17/new/en/

And here a quote from a Cnet article:

"That document was provided to Steve Bellovin, a well-known Columbia
University computer scientist, Internet Engineering Steering Group member,
and Internet Engineering Task Force participant who wrote a traceback
proposal eight years ago. Bellovin says he received the ITU document as
part of a ZIP file from someone he knows and trusts, and subsequently
confirmed its authenticity through a second source. (An ITU representative
disputed its authenticity but refused to make public the Q6/17 documents,
including a ZIP file describing traceback requirements posted on the
agency's password-protected Web site."

On Sun, 24 May 2009 11:46:42 +0200, Eduardo Robles Elvira
<edulix at gmail.com>