[pp.int.general] Tips for campaigns

Jorge jorge at pirataria.org
Tue May 26 22:30:31 CEST 2009

Looking at the statistics of the Pirat Partiet I noted that there are 7
men for each woman! I think that the most pirate parties have problems
to penetrate the female electorate (ops, do not interpretate bad : ):
We are people that like wear black and white and talk about
technology... What do women like? Arts, colours, love, nature... : )
Maybe we have to think about it in order to better communicate with the
women - starting by our websites.

Thinking about the swedish campaign - as Sweden is a country with lot of
old aged people -, and considering the fact that the most activist are
young men (between 16-32y, according to
http://www.piratpartiet.se/partiet/medlemsstatistik), this is also a
barrier. I suggest to produce street banners with a photo of an old man
wearing a t-shirt of the Pirate Party.

Other idea is to sign the The Earth Charter Initiative
http://www.earthcharterinaction.org/content/ . It is document produced
collaboratively and supported by thousends of organizations. I suggested
it to Brazilian Pirate Party - if the most activists agree, we will be
the first party of the country to sign the document.

All the best,

Jorge
Brazilian Pirate Party
www.partidopirata.org