[pp.int.general] A Swedish Rights Management organization now accepts some CC licences

Valentin Villenave v.villenave at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:26:08 CEST 2009

Hi everybody,

Since Sweden seems to be leading the way these days, I thought some of
you might be interested in commenting about the following piece of
news: a RIAA-like organization (the STIM) has just announced "that
their members will be allowed to use CC-NC licenses. They call it a
two year test period but they also realise that CC licenses are
forever for the works that are licensed during the test."

http://www.stim.se/stim/prod/stimv4.nsf/alldocuments/294C8306E38F5BB4C12575C200411148
http://sydsvenskan.se/kultur-och-nojen/article433798/Stim-underlattar-for-gratis-musikspridning.html

(quoted from the Creative Commons mailing list)

I think this is the smartest move any of these societies has ever
done; let's see where it leads from now.

Regards,
Valentin