[pp.int.general] A Swedish Rights Management organizationnow accepts some CC licences

coretx at piratenpartij.nl coretx at piratenpartij.nl
Thu May 28 11:44:53 CEST 2009

Many different views and opinions exist.

Lessig once told a journalist that CC is a means to "circumvent" the law. (
I can track a online vid if someone wants to see it )
Once i mentioned this fact towards a highly placed CC netherlands official
in public.
What i saw was a face turning red. And this was just after CC netherlands
got into bed with BUMA/STEMRA.
And in one way or another i was told to shut up, and that dutch laws do not
need change.

In my opinion the BUMA/STEMRA & CC "trial" is some kind of trade-off. CC
gets media attention. And BUMA/STEMRA keeps control over the market & good
PR.
Right now it is in the news that BUMA/STEMRA is going to lower their income
distribution by 10 %.
Basically because they have been gambling on the stock-markets with money
that is not theirs and lost 14 Million euro.
I'm really wondering what independent artists think about this. And if the
PR department of CC worldwide is willing to be associated with such a
company.