[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Nov 1 11:52:52 CET 2009

Richard Stallman wrote:
>>> You seem to be running through all the argumemts and all the
>>> propaganda terms that the publishers use.  It would seem that you
>>> are actually their supporter.
>
>> Definitivly not. I am a strong supporter of free content - thus I fight
>> the (illegal) use of unfree content. The more unfree contest is used,
>>the less free content is used.
>
> The aim of the Pirate Party, as I understand it, is to win more
> freedom in the use of all works.  What you propose to do
> goes directly against that.  You support precisely the
> restrictions that the Pirate Party seeks to eliminate.
> Everything you have said results from that basic difference
> of goals.

Then I must be expressing my intention wrong. The freedom to use
everything everywhere everytime for free is a nice goal - but for me
pretty irrelevant. There is enough stuff out there, I can exactly use
this way without breaking any law. Free downloads are definitivly not,
why I joined the pirate party. I am here to oppose against the
continuing decrease of civil rights.

I also like to use stuff for free, that's why I put much time in
promoting free content. I think it's the better way to convince artists
to release their work free instead of forcing them via law to do so.

I mean, why have you postulated the four freedoms of the gpl instead of
just breaking the law and copying everything you want to have for free?
Or lobbying to get the laws changed? You could also work for microsoft
and copy all sourcecode you can get an release it for free - but you
don't did that. :)

Christian