[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Nicolas Sahlqvist nicco77 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 12:36:49 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Christian Hufgard
<pp at christian-hufgard.de>wrote:

> That's exactly why I propagate the use of sharing of free content
> instead of using unfree stuff. :)
>
> Free content vs. unfree content is interesting to discuss, I went through
sites such as jamendo.com that claim to distribute free music and listened
carefully on some of the tunes, it did not take me long time to find a lot
inspired from unfree content where in some cases with the original artists
voice in the tune.. It is up to the "artist" that releases the music to
decide if it is free content where later a court of law may deem it is not
due to how inspired the "artist" was of unfree content. This happens in the
commercial music industry and artists loose there revenue in such court
cases so how can you be sure that the music that is claimed to be free
actually is free?

- Nicolas
  PPI / PPSE member