[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Christian Hufgard pp at christian-hufgard.de
Sun Nov 1 13:58:50 CET 2009

Nicolas Sahlqvist wrote:
>> Well, there's a big difference between "being inspired by someone else",
>>  "using someone elses vocals" and "declare own work as free". :)
>>
> Yes, but in the kind of music I listen to mostly (techno, dance, trance,
> electronic etc.) and all the remixes makes the line so fine that a court has
> a hard time figuring out where to draw the line so back to my question, what
> is actually free and unfree?

The line may be fine, but it is there. Of course not all courts decide
exactly the same way. But I think this is a minor problem for the
society. Generally you should use as little from someone elses work as
possible - unless you are explicitly allowed to.

And yes, if someuse has used somebody elses work and declared the new
result as free, this can become pretty difficult to figure out.

Christian