[pp.int.general] Protest certain musicians?

Félix Robles redeadlink at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 15:44:19 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 3:18 PM, Christian Hufgard
<pp at christian-hufgard.de>wrote:

> Félix Robles wrote:
> > Truth is you won't change our mind on that subject and I think we won't
> > change yours neither.
>
> Its not my intention to do so. And you don't have to change mine. I like
> the idea of getting everything others have created for free. Think
> that's a pretty natural wish. But I respect if someone tells me, that he
> will not give me his stuff for free. Espacially if there is enough very
> good free stuff. (At the minute I am listening to "Sad Robot" from
> Pornonophique... Great track, you should give it a chance...)

But I prefer other artist. It's sad, because some people are still making
money out of his music and they say that he won't create any other song
because people are downloading their songs for free. Though he died 40 years
ago, you may have heard his name, Jimi Hendrix.

> Either way we want our whole culture to be free for any non-profit use
> > or not, and you know Pirate's point of view on the subject and our
> > reasons.
>
> Yeah. Everything for free, since creating copies does not produces
> costs. May the creators find a way to get money for their work. Sorry,
> that's selfish.

You want to protect a business model, but it's obsolete. As Rick said:
Copyright is a balance between (A) the public's interest in having access to
culture, and (B) the SAME PUBLIC's interest in having new works created.

Internet and CDs are new technological advances that make easier (A) the
public's interest in having access to culture. This obviously affects the
business model of people who want to make money out of music. So sorry, but
find a business model that works with this technological advance and A and B
public interests or you are out of the business.

Félix Robles