[pp.int.general] One good, one bad

Jerry Weyer jerry.weyer at piratepartei.lu
Tue Nov 3 19:44:35 CET 2009

On 3 nov. 09, at 18:49, Félix Robles wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 6:25 PM, Philip Hunt
> <cabalamat at googlemail.com> wrote:
> 2009/11/3 Rick Falkvinge (Piratpartiet) <rick at piratpartiet.se>:
> > Two things:
> >
> > 1) Vaclav Klaus just signed the Lisbon Treaty. It will now go into
> > effect on Dec 1, 2009. (The bad.)
>
> Am I alone in thinking the Lisbon Treaty is not such a bad thing?
>

> I've read that it overrides the national constitutions. If that's
> true, it's a pretty bad thing.

That's the case since the mid 60s! EC (soon EU) law overrides national
constitutions since Van Gent en Loos and Costa (ECJ 1960s). One can
argue if its a good thing or not (I say it's good), but it's a fact
for some decades now!

The Lisbon Treaty is a step in the right direction, it is nor perfect,
but how can it?

P.S. Hello to the list! I'm Vice-president of the Luxemburgisch Pirate
Party and have been reading for quite some time, but now I though I
had to step in ;)