[pp.int.general] 3-step usage rights / forced licensing model

Brian McNeil brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
Wed Nov 4 14:35:46 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 13:44 +0100, Christian Hufgard wrote:
> Brian McNeil wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 02:28 -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
> >> I do however agree that RMS escrow solution would have a hard time to
> >> win
> >>     acceptance and hard to enforce due to the reasons that Pasi and you
> >> states.
> >>
> >> I think it would be easy to enforce, once a suitable agency for the
> >> escrow is set up.
> >
> > There is a long-standing precedent for RMS's proposal that you've been
> > living under a rock if you've never heard of.
> >
> > It's called the Library of Congress.
>
> And there they collect every release of every software that was braught to
> market? With its source code?

I'm sick of this. This is my last response to you. You bring nothing to
the discussion but grief and a want-want-want attitude. Do your own
reading, do your own research. If you're going to defend the copyright
status-quo as you perpetually do then do so from an informed position -
not half-assed guesswork and the propaganda of big media companies.

Educate yourself. Read about the Library of Congress. About why it was
set up. I called it a "precedent"; it was the at-the-time solution to
this escrow issue you're whingeing about over software - but for books.

--
Brian McNeil <brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org>
http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Brian_McNeil