[pp.int.general] The ACTA Internet Chapter

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 19:47:39 CET 2009

On Wed, Nov 4, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Brian McNeil
<brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-11-04 at 17:33 +0000, Andrew Robinson wrote:
>> It's worth remembering that we don't have any of the leaked treaty
>> text. What we have is a single person reporting a leak, with no
>> evidence and no actual text... and of course the negotiations are
>> ongoing so if there is a leak, it probably wouldn't be the final text.
>>
>> If the claims made about the treaty are true, we can make a lot of
>> political capital out of it... if they are not true, then we have the
>> potential to make ourselves look very foolish.
>>
>> I suggest we should be cautious about treating this leak as fact, and
>> take care to always say "if this leak is accurate then..."
>
> Quite correct, and an important point to make. I've currently no plans
> to investigate this for Wikinews, but if someone stumbles on the leaked
> material my mailbox is 'ready to receive'. ;-)

The last draft I remember hearing about is the one posted to WikiLeaks
earlier this year (in April):
  http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Classified_US%2C_Japan_and_EU_ACTA_trade_agreement_drafts%2C_2009

Note: I haven't analyzed the document; I'm unsure if it contains the
information required to confirm the original article or if there has
been a new leak.

Additionally, wikileaks has a category for ACTA related information:
  http://wikileaks.org/wiki/Category:ACTA

Cheers,
- Scott.

PS - This is a just-in-case message... in the event people are
unfamiliar with the WikiLeaks site.

--
  Scott Elcomb
  http://www.psema4.com/   @psema4