[pp.int.general] 3. Re: One good, one bad (Jerry Weyer)

Alexander Bock alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de
Thu Nov 5 14:20:28 CET 2009

Am 05.11.2009 02:56, schrieb Richard Stallman:
> If I recall right, one part of the EU rules adopted this way allows
> trade treaties to be approved by a vote of ministers without even
> submitting them to the national parliaments.

Not entirely correct, I'm afraid. Yes, the ministers are able to change
certain (!) parts of the treaty through an unanimous vote. But some
countries, Germany for example, require their ministers to ask their
parliament(s) for permission before they cast their vote.

Alex

--
Alexander Bock | Generalsekretär Bayern | Piratenpartei Deutschland
Piratenpartei Bayern | Postfach 44 05 34 | 80754 München
+49 (0)179 40 26 754 | alexander.bock at piratenpartei-bayern.de
http://www.piratenpartei-bayern.de