[pp.int.general] 3. Re: One good, one bad (Jerry Weyer)

Richard Stallman rms at gnu.org
Fri Nov 6 05:36:03 CET 2009

    > Even if that was adopted through a democratic procedure, it is
    > undemocratic in nature.

    Now we're talking esoterics?! What is more democratic than a text
    adopted in a democratic procedure?

Whether a government system functions democratically is one question.
Whether it was adopted through a democratic system is a different question.
Do you see the difference?

My claim is that the EU pseudo-constitution's approval was carried out
under the various national democratic systems, but it reduces
democracy in Europe.

A political system which can make decision which are effectively
impossible for the people to reverse through the system is a system in
which democracy is weak or lacking.  That's the case in Europe.
Decisions are already made at the EU level which the people never have
the power to undo.