[pp.int.general] Telecoms package, ACTA and other monsters

Marco Confalonieri marco.confalonieri at email.it
Fri Nov 6 19:24:42 CET 2009

David wrote:

> And what do the other Pirate Parties think about
> the Telecom package?

I'm translating here a comment of Alessandro Bottoni, the secretary of
Partito Pirata Italiano, posted on our ML:

"Please note that the problem we're discussing is only marginally related to
the 'we won' / 'we lost' something with the recent bylaws issued by the
European Council and the European Parliament.

The true problem is that we've been forced for years to try to contain
attempts of 'surrounding' enacted by Telecoms Package, ACTA, Italian
Government, French Government, British Government, European Commission,
European Council and so on. We must fight against governments, industrial
lobbies, supranational entities without relying on a bit of visibility on
the media.

My calling is meant to awaken and give a sense of responsibility to the
netizens, not to oppose this or that initiative. If the latter will happen,
will be only a consequence of the former".