[pp.int.general] ACTA documents leaked ?

Charly charly at charlyj.com
Sat Nov 7 21:21:45 CET 2009

This is basically what they've already done in Ireland. They saw that
bothering with due legislative process was too much work and had the
potential of bringing public scrutiny to their actions. Instead they sued
our biggest ISP, eircom, who folded pretty quickly and agreed to block TPB
and impose 'three-accusations-and-you're-out' without that pesky right to
presumption innocence and a fair trial. Organisations such as the RIAA, IFPI
etc. have enough financial and legal strength to reduce a resistant ISP to
bankruptcy.
Also worrying is the inclusion of the word "transmission" in that quote.
They want ISPs to be responsible for everything that passes through their
wires. I don't see that ending well.
Charly